I am the MOM and I was here FIRST!

My photo
I am a 44 year old mother of three children and grandmother of one. I am divorced from my children's father whom I share joint physical custody of our youngest two children with. I have been married to my fabulous husband for over 9 near-perfect years. I LOVE this man! He is a wonderful generous, affectionate, tolerant and all forgiving husband. He is also a terrific step-dad/male role model to my kids and an even better grand father to our two year old grand daughter. My oldest daughter attends college to obtain her nursing degree. She has been on her own for over three years now (no longer part of a shared custody arrangement like her brother & sister) My middle daughter is in high school and plays on the freshmen volleyball & soccer teams. She's really creative and talented. My son is in middle school and plays hockey and lacrosse. He is a sweet sensitive boy who still says "I love you Mom" frequently. I work part time running an online ebay store. I have terrific and supportive relationships with my family, friends and of course my kids. I am extremely close to my sister, my Mom and my sister-in-laws. They are my best friends.

THE JOURNAL OF MY LIFE ...


Friday, May 23, 2008

The Holiday Weekend

Memorial Day weekend is here at last.

Three days off from business as usual.

When my husband called me at lunch yesterday (Thursday), we engaged in the small talk of "what's going on?" "Are you keeping busy?" etc...

And then I asked, "How many are taking tomorrow off?" (meaning the Friday before the Holiday weekend making it a 4 day weekend for some)

My husband replied "I am". I thought he was kidding. I asked, "Really, you're taking tomorrow off?" and he said "yeah, I really am".

I was so excited. My kids are with their Dad until Tuesday, so it will be a lovely 4 days of marital bliss with my husband. I'm not being sarcastic. I love this man. I love spending time with him. We always have fun, no matter what we're doing. Even a trip to the grocery store his entertaining when he's along.

I just caught up on all the work that I'm going to do. All the shipments are out. The questions are answered. I'm done.

Now... what to do with our 4 days, lol.

We have no plans at all. It would be a good weekend to go up to Northern Michigan but with the price of gas, I highly doubt that we will. With my husbands 110 mile, round trip commute to work each day and my 44 mile, round trip commute to drop off and pick up my kids from school... well... need I say more than our disposable income has taken a big hit this year.

The weather is beautiful here. A rarity for the Memorial day weekend. I swear it's usually raining and cold, but not this year. So I know we'll be outside most of the weekend. We have great parks and trails around here. A hike or bike ride would be splendid. Maybe a bonfire tonight... get the telescope out and wish upon the stars.

So... the sky's the limit...

Unfortunately... money isn't. Always a limit there I'm afraid.

No comments: