I am the MOM and I was here FIRST!

My photo
I am a 44 year old mother of three children and grandmother of one. I am divorced from my children's father whom I share joint physical custody of our youngest two children with. I have been married to my fabulous husband for over 9 near-perfect years. I LOVE this man! He is a wonderful generous, affectionate, tolerant and all forgiving husband. He is also a terrific step-dad/male role model to my kids and an even better grand father to our two year old grand daughter. My oldest daughter attends college to obtain her nursing degree. She has been on her own for over three years now (no longer part of a shared custody arrangement like her brother & sister) My middle daughter is in high school and plays on the freshmen volleyball & soccer teams. She's really creative and talented. My son is in middle school and plays hockey and lacrosse. He is a sweet sensitive boy who still says "I love you Mom" frequently. I work part time running an online ebay store. I have terrific and supportive relationships with my family, friends and of course my kids. I am extremely close to my sister, my Mom and my sister-in-laws. They are my best friends.

THE JOURNAL OF MY LIFE ...


Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Funnier Still ...

So my husband calls me for second time this morning.

Husband:
"Do you want to hear something else that is funny?"

Me:
"Of course, I do"
(thought bubble in my brain .... "oh what stupid thing did their step mom do or say now? LOL!"

Husband:
"I got to work and went to rest my arm on my desk and felt a bulge in my shirt sleeve."

Me:
"OH THE MISSING ELUSIVE SOCK!!!"

Husband:
"Yeah, the sock. I walked around all morning with this shirt on. I drank coffee. I brushed my teeth. I shaved. I put my coat on. I drove the kids to school and then drove all the way to work. And it was only when I put my arm on my desk that I realized there was a BULGE in my sleeve."

BACKGROUND ON THE MISSING SOCK:

There are times when I've done the laundry, as most have, and come up with a missing sock. The missing socks in our home always turn right up in the next load. A sock is never alone for long here.

But two weeks ago, a sock was missing it's mate and it didn't turn up in the next load... or the next.... or the next.... never!

This really troubled my organized (anal) husband. He was sincerely bothered about the missing sock. He was concerned about it's whereabouts.... what happened to it.... well, where was it.... how can a sock just disappear?? ....

And not only was he concerned about the missing sock.... he simply did not know what to do with the "non-missing" sock!

I put the lone sock in his sock drawer with sure anticipation that it's mate would turn up. My husband took the lone sock out of his drawer. (He couldn't have the lone sock in his drawer... it apparently messed him up, LOL)

So the lone sock sat on top of his dresser for a couple days. This must have mis-aligned him with the planets because he moved it to the top of my dresser, which bothered me. Why do I have to have his lone sock on my dresser? Why do I have to look at a lone sock for weeks anyway??

So... I put it in a place where it could be found when the mate turned up.

After my husband called to tell me about the "bulge", I went to retrieve the mate.

I can't find it!

No comments: