I am the MOM and I was here FIRST!

My photo
I am a 44 year old mother of three children and grandmother of one. I am divorced from my children's father whom I share joint physical custody of our youngest two children with. I have been married to my fabulous husband for over 9 near-perfect years. I LOVE this man! He is a wonderful generous, affectionate, tolerant and all forgiving husband. He is also a terrific step-dad/male role model to my kids and an even better grand father to our two year old grand daughter. My oldest daughter attends college to obtain her nursing degree. She has been on her own for over three years now (no longer part of a shared custody arrangement like her brother & sister) My middle daughter is in high school and plays on the freshmen volleyball & soccer teams. She's really creative and talented. My son is in middle school and plays hockey and lacrosse. He is a sweet sensitive boy who still says "I love you Mom" frequently. I work part time running an online ebay store. I have terrific and supportive relationships with my family, friends and of course my kids. I am extremely close to my sister, my Mom and my sister-in-laws. They are my best friends.

THE JOURNAL OF MY LIFE ...


Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Vegas=White Trash??

Please allow me a petty gossip moment.

If you've read my "Viva Las Vegas" post, you know how much I love to vacation in Vegas.

And if you've read my "The Answer of Avoidance", "She Sends Her Evil Comments" or "Am I the Only One" posts, you know how much (and why) I don't like my children's Stepmother.

I share joint physical custody of my kids with their Father, therefore, I let my ex-husband know when/where I'll be when I go on a vacation. (This also means that his 2ND wife, my children's stepmother also knows where I'm going)

Our yearly trip to Las Vegas is approaching next month and recently my kids stepmother told my kids
(and I quote) ...

"Las Vegas is for white trash"

Up until that comment, I truly did not know exactly what white trash meant, so I've taken the liberty of copying the definition that I found on the Internet below.

DEFINITION OF WHITE TRASH


an offensive term for White people who are impoverished


White trash is a derogatory term with a classist component targeted almost exclusively at non-Latino white people and connoting low social status or poor prospects (i.e., downward mobility) or lack of education. ...

That poor woman is just so obnoxious!

No comments: