I am the MOM and I was here FIRST!

My photo
I am a 44 year old mother of three children and grandmother of one. I am divorced from my children's father whom I share joint physical custody of our youngest two children with. I have been married to my fabulous husband for over 9 near-perfect years. I LOVE this man! He is a wonderful generous, affectionate, tolerant and all forgiving husband. He is also a terrific step-dad/male role model to my kids and an even better grand father to our two year old grand daughter. My oldest daughter attends college to obtain her nursing degree. She has been on her own for over three years now (no longer part of a shared custody arrangement like her brother & sister) My middle daughter is in high school and plays on the freshmen volleyball & soccer teams. She's really creative and talented. My son is in middle school and plays hockey and lacrosse. He is a sweet sensitive boy who still says "I love you Mom" frequently. I work part time running an online ebay store. I have terrific and supportive relationships with my family, friends and of course my kids. I am extremely close to my sister, my Mom and my sister-in-laws. They are my best friends.

THE JOURNAL OF MY LIFE ...


Saturday, October 20, 2007

Who's The King?

In the summer of 2000, we took our two youngest kids to Mackinac to visit all the "must see" tourist attractions in this historic city.











At Fort Michilmackinac, there was an interactive demonstration where the children got to go up with the soldiers. They were taught briefly how to handle the rifles and march within an army. During this demonstration, our group was also getting a mini lesson in history about the French, Europe... and whatever. (I wasn't really listening well because I was so busy watching how cute my kids were)

At one point in the lesson, one of the soldiers asked "Does anybody know who the king was?"

One little boy shouted ... "ELVIS!!"

The entire group was cracking up. Every parent was videotaping the event including my husband.

Two years later we were all watching "America's Funniest Videos" (It's still a family Sunday night ritual for us) The video was part of the show! My kids faces were blurred out, (legal reasons, I'm sure) but there they were! So cool.

1 comment:

Jaroon said...

Hey

I am a guy from Belgium and it's probably hard to believe but i am one of the kids in the row.
I started looking on the internet if someone posted the video after i too saw it on America's funniest video's.
This is how I found your blog.
Could you please upload the video to youtube or mail the video to me ?
this is my email adress : Jeroen.Van.Hoorebeke@gmail.com

I'm looking forward to hearing of you :)